Monday, July 19, 2010

DATS 2010: Food for Thought update

DESIGN, ART, TECHNOLOGY SYMPOSIUM
An Annual Piedmont Event About Important Ideas

2010: FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Sawtooth Center, Winston-Salem
October 9, 10, 11

(This notice covers my contribution to DATS 2010. Click here for the official site.—Andrew Young)

My paid role is to insure multicultural and alternative viewpoints through the creation of venues and other forums at this year’s event. Food is about culture. It is one of those rare, big tent themes in which everyone in the Piedmont has an interest. Everyone can bring their experience and know-how.
The best gardener I knew was my grandmother. The most flexible cook I knew was my mom. Both were frugal and could do a lot with a little. In my view, those are high standards for designers, artists, and technology innovators, whether in good economic times or bad. (more)
Why I proposed food as the DATS theme (more)
Food Geography (more)
Participate in a venue (more)


Recreation of a UN shelter, food and water at Festival Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment